Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tiara Time

Better Homes & Garden magazine did a calendar with ideas from Life's Too Short by Lisa Quinn. In this book part of what she recommends is wearing a tiara when you want your family to leave you alone. She said that way your family knows that it's Queen Mum's time. It got me to thinking. Now granted, I haven't been a mom for long, but do you really need a tiara to have time of your own?

Rob, my wonderful husband, has been so good to me. I get time to myself every evening, because of him. He works six days a week, and yet he still will take over watching Alex for me to go take a hot bath, curl up with a book, or read magazines. Granted, a lot of days I don't do any of those things. Instead I am usually washing dishes, rotating laundry, folding clothes, or returning correspondence. It's hard to be a woman. We have so many roles we fill. Wife. Mother. Employee. Employer. Child of God. The list goes on and on. Yet how many times have you thought to wear a tiara to get a break from these roles?

No comments:

Post a Comment