Monday, May 3, 2010

Life Happens Fast

How true it is! Alex started truly crawling last week. Wednesday morning everything was normal. Alex was 'military' crawling, wobbling when he sat, not pulling himself up to sitting position, and definitely not pulling up to standing position! He went down for his afternoon nap, and about 3:30 I heard him start talking so I went in his room to get him. Imagine my surprise when I discovered him STANDING holding on to the side of his crib! After my initial reaction (panic), I decided this would be a great even to get on video. I took him out of his bed, ran and got both cameras, then went and put him back in his bed to get him to do it again. Of course, he would only pull up to his knees, so mommy 'helped' him, then took lots of pictures and a short video (while making sure I was no more than 2 inches from him in case he flipped out). As if that was not enough of an accomplishment for the day, after dinner he crawled across the living room to the entry as if he'd been doing it forever then he went from crawling to sitting up with no problem. It definitely felt as if I had a different baby than the one I was playing with in the morning.

Now, he crawls around from room to room, following me around. He sits up when he wants, and he tries to pull himself up on everything! I am filled with anticipation for the upcoming changes all this entails!

No comments:

Post a Comment