Monday, May 3, 2010

Alex on the Move

As some of you know, I’ve been hoping Alex would take his time on becoming mobile. I joke about how every time Alex would put his knees under him, I’d pull them out. Now granted, I did pull them out from under him – but usually as part of our play. He always would put them right back under him and smile as he did. He’s been rolling all over the place and a few days ago started scooting – but only backwards! This morning, he started rocking on his knees, so I guess crawling is coming soon! Amazing how much he has done in just six months.

I wonder how much we could do if we focused only on our growth. Matthew 17:20 says “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” How amazing is it that we can move mountains! And all it takes is a little faith.

As Alex grows, I want so much for him to know how loved he is. More than anything, I want him to know how much God loves him, to give his heart and life to God, and to move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment