Saturday, November 24, 2012

Galveston

I was born in Galveston. I have always wanted to go but never got the opportunity until this last October. A close friend of mine and I went down and spent the weekend there while the hubby stayed home with the kids. We had a blast!

The beaches there are so awesome. The salt in the air and the sound of crashing waves on the shore reminded me so much of growing up near the gulf. I didn't realize how much I missed living that close to the beach until then. In the mornings I would wake up and go sit outside on the condo balcony. The view and the sound of the waves helped my mind to wander aimlessly and rhapsodize on various subjects. Napping, reading and playing in the waves were so much fun and relaxing. Eating at new places - especially the Old Mexican Cafe - was great. We even rode Segways and toured a neighborhood and then rode on the sea wall. I loved every minute of it.

Now when I get stressed or overwhelmed my mind plays back to my time in Galveston and of course the song singing in my head is always "Some beach... some where.. there's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair... "

View from Murdock's Pier


Yep, it's a healthy buffet - Chinese!

View from Condo in the morning

The Segways we rode

A three wheel car!

No comments:

Post a Comment